Saturday, July 16, 2011

Auto Dinosaurs Due to Die Soon

After reading the article in Automobile magazine about the halt of production on the Lincoln Town Car, I decided to see if I could spot all four basic designs of the car from 1980 to the 1990 to the 1998 and the current model. Surprisingly, I actually spotted all bodies today. I didn't really think I would find one in the first generation body. But sure enough, a two-toned brown/bronze one in very good condition came out of the garage for me. Of all the bodies, I really prefer the 1990 through 1994. Of course, there are plenty of the current body style roaming the streets of Seattle. I'm sure that the first and second generation Town Cars are private vehicles and are not in service as high end taxis. I article says that Lincoln is trying to push the MKX as the next Town Car. But how about the Genesis? I'm all for keeping the town car business with American metal, but the Genesis is a beautiful car that could just slip right into the position. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment